So this project actually only took one day (part of a very short nap and a little time after bedtime) to complete when I actually did it. Before though, it was one of those that took lots of thinking and lots of attempts to get a decent photograph to work with.
To get a good picture, I put Audrey in front of a window to photograph her. Granted, this involved standing her on the toy box, giving her random little things to hold to keep her attention, and then ultimately using a donkey to make her look where I wanted. The picture (at this age) is half the battle. Taking it in front of the light gave me a good outline to work with so once I put it in photoshop, I just changed the levels a little and erased some of the background to get a pattern to work with. I printed that, stapled it (around the head because that part doesn’t matter) to black paper and cut it out using scissors and and exact-o knife for the details. I mounted it to poster board cut to fit a vintage frame I found over the weekend. (A good habitat find can always move things along from idea to actual product.) Walaa! A silhouette project complete!