yesterday and today i made some time for a little sewing project for audrey. a while back i’d bought several great books with patterns of things to sew…all for baby. (and most for baby girl…not fair i know) i decided to start with something little and hopefully get to dresses & some adorable little booties next. afterall, the whole time i was pregnant i said i would make clothes for the baby…especially if we had a girl. (did i mention i really was hoping for a girl) so here was the start…hopefully booties to come soon.
it was a fairly easy project. the pattern called for a 4 inch block and i made this one six. the idea is to make a few in several sizes. i used terry cloth for 2 sides but want to get chenille for the next ones. also, i added a pill bottle of popcorn kernels inside to make it a rattle. i brainstormed a little during making it and decided there are all kinds of other fun things i could add to a simple pattern…ribbon loops, animal faces on the sides, tails, textures…all sorts of fun.